Counter flow cooling tower is a cooling tower in which the water flow falls vertically in the tower and the air flow direction is opposite to the water flow direction. A device that cools water. Water exchanges heat and mass with the flowing air, resulting in the decrease of water temperature. Counter flow cooling tower is very different from cross flow cooling tower.
The counter flow cooling tower is a counter flow cooling tower in which the water is in the packing in the tower. The water in the tower flows back from top to bottom and the air in the tower flows back from bottom to top.
Three stages of cooling tower:
1. Send the water distributor to the top of the packing in the tower. Because the water temperature is relatively high, it can continue to transfer heat to the air.
2. The filling water at the top of the tower exchanges with the hot gas at the bottom, commonly known as the counter flow section.
3. When the filler reaches the sump at the bottom, the hot water will be cooled into cold water. The counter flow cooling tower is more efficient than the cross flow cooling tower.
Advantages of counter flow cooling tower
1. The design of the whole set of equipment is simple, the water distribution system is unobstructed, the whole water distribution process does not need special requirements, and it is not easy to be blocked. Drenching filler is used to prevent aging and moisture counter flow. In places with relatively low temperature, it is easy to take anti freezing measures. And multiple cooling towers can be designed to be used at the same time.
2. The operation of the whole set of equipment is relatively simple. The production cost of the whole set of equipment can be controlled, and it is usually used in some large cooling circulating water.